It’s day two of the new year! Before I jump in to chatting about my New Year’s Resolutions, I wanted to say a big MERCI BEAUCOUP! If you’re a BBP client from 2018 or earlier, I cannot thank you enough. I feel so blessed to have the most amazing clients-turned-friends and I feel so honored to document some of the most beautiful moments of your life! I pinch myself daily that I am lucky enough to create a business that I love and document beautiful growing families and babies and more! I’m so excited to see what 2019 will bring and I’m even more excited to share it with you here! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog cause I’ll be popping in here regularly!
I have to admit, this time I didn’t spend a crazy long time coming up with my 2019 goals or resolutions. It’s partly because I’ve been truly unplugged over the holidays and partly because it was slightly challenging to come up with what I wanted to achieve in 2019. I wanted to share what I’ve come up with so far, and hope that you will share your goals with me as well!
1. Spend more quality time with my husband, especially outdoors
2. Take Boo on walks more regularly
3. Brush up on my French and spend more time in France
4. Create a morning and night routine that includes time for stretching and skin care (and see if I can convince my husband to join in!)
5. Spend more time in God’s word, either through a devotional or just by reading
1. Attend an in-person workshop
2. Devote time to exploring other aspects of photography, specifically still life portraits
3. Dedicate time each day to writing, whether it be a blog post or putting time in with my book, I need to get pen to paper and write!
4. Improve my social media and actually commit to posting regularly (not just instastories)
5. Completely upgrade and overhaul my website and branding
So that’s them in a nutshell y’all! Simple (in theory) and manageable. In years past I’ve been very rigid with my timing of things and that lack of flexibility led to me not achieving things I’d hoped to achieve. This year I’m aiming for more flexibility and more grace. I also like to focus on a word each year and center my mindset, this year that word is: Abundance.
I actually had the same word last year, but I didn’t really focus on it and still lived in a place of fear. This year I’m going to change that!
Do you have a word for the year? What are your resolutions? I’d love to know!