Y’all it’s already April. What? I swear, the older I get the faster time flies! (said like the grandma I am!)
So I figured I should pop in here with a little update on what’s been going on these past 4 months, resolutions-wise.
1. Spend more quality time with my husband, especially outdoors–Proud to say that I’m smashing this goal! In fact we just spent a weekend in the mountains AND we’ve booked a hiking trip for the early fall!
2. Take Boo on walks more regularly–Heck. Yes. Boo obviously joined us for said outdoor adventures! I’ve been getting him outside on sunny lovely days! It’s been glorious!
3. Brush up on my French and spend more time in France–Well I haven’t brushed up on my French per se, but I did book a trip there for my birthday so…baby steps!
4. Create a morning and night routine that includes time for stretching and skin care (and see if I can convince my husband to join in!)–I’m still struggling a bit with a morning routine BUT I’ve got a pretty great evening routine!
5. Spend more time in God’s word, either through a devotional or just by reading–Both me and my husband have stepped up here and honestly it’s just the best. On our road trips we spend the time talking about the Bible. I don’t know what it is about being in a car but we just end up talking about Christianity and the Bible and Jesus for hours. Which is probably why I love road trips so dang much!
1. Attend an in-person workshop–I’ve officially purchased my seat for another in-person workshop! Hands on training and mentoring is CRUCIAL to newborn photography!
2. Devote time to exploring other aspects of photography, specifically still life portraits–I’ve purchased some props and backdrops…still need to make the time to play though!
3. Dedicate time each day to writing, whether it be a blog post or putting time in with my book, I need to get pen to paper and write!–oof here’s one where I’ve been lacking, but ya know what? I’m okay with that! I’ve done SO much towards accomplishing my other goals I can’t be annoyed about this!
4. Improve my social media and actually commit to posting regularly (not just instastories)–In the process of scheduling a slew of Facebook posts while writing this blog post, can I get an Amen for multitasking?!
5. Completely upgrade and overhaul my website and branding–This. YES. So I’m working with a crazy talented web designer and she’s just overhauling everything and blowing my mind! I’m gearing up for a 2020 launch and I can’t wait to share it with y’all!
So that’s it y’all! Lots of progress made and obviously some areas where I can pick up the pace! Overall I’m pleased as punch about it though! Can’t wait to see what else 2019 brings as I continue to check off my personal and professional goals!
Now, I want to hear from you! Did you make any resolutions and if so have you been able to stick with them? Tell me in the comments below!