Danielle K. is a certified personal trainer and works with new mamas who are pregnant or postpartum. She’s a certified corrective exercise specialist, women’s fitness specialist, fitness nutrition specialist and a mom!
I asked if she would give 3 simples moves that can be done at home or at the gym. These moves are are easy to do during your first trimester of pregnancy.
Working out is a challenge, pregnant or not, but for mamas who want to do something easy and effective at home, stay tuned!**
-Each move is 3 sets with 10 reps
-If you are new to exercise start with 5 reps
-Make sure your can easily carry on a conversation during your workout (if you get breathless or feel any pain or discomfort STOP immediately)
Weighted (or unweighted) Squat
1. Start with your feet shoulder width apart, toes pointing forward
2. Shift your weight back to your heels, keeping your thighs parallel to the ground and making sure your knees do not go past your toes
3. Drive up through your heels, squeeze your glutes at the top and return to your original standing position
Bent Over Row *Choose a safe weight for you to lift, 1 pound wrist weights are also another option*
1. Stand with feet shoulder width apart, toes forward, hinge forward from hips, slightly bending knees, with palms facing each other
2. Drive elbows back focusing on a contraction in your back muscles (if you feel it in your shoulders, don’t bring the weights up as high)
3. Return to starting position
Floor/Bench Press *Choose a safe weight for you to lift, 1 pound wrist weights are also another option*
1. Lying on the floor (or a bench) squeeze your shoulder blades and retract them into the floor (or bench) Start with your arms extended in line with your shoulders
2. Inhale as you bring the weight down to your chest
3. Exhale as you push the weight back up
Danielle chose these 3 exercises to help strengthen your back, legs, and pelvic floor. As your body starts to change with pregnancy, having strong muscles to help support and carry the extra weight can help to prevent pain and discomfort!
If you would like work one on one with Danielle feel free to send her an email: Danielle.firstname.lastname@example.org
**Disclaimer: Please discuss with your doctor before beginning any fitness routine. Listen to your body and stop if you feel any discomfort. All information provided by Brittany Brooke Photography & Danielle K. is of a general nature and is furnished only for educational/entertainment purposes only. No information is to be taken as medical or other health advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. You agree that use of this information is at your own risk and hold Brittany Brooke Photography & Danielle K. harmless from any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims.**