Danielle K. is a certified personal trainer and works with new mamas who are pregnant or postpartum. She’s a certified corrective exercise specialist, women’s fitness specialist, fitness nutrition specialist and a mom!
I asked if she would give 3 simples moves that can be done at home or at the gym. These moves are are easy to do during your second trimester of pregnancy.
Working out is a challenge, pregnant or not, but for mamas who want to do something easy and effective at home, stay tuned!**
-Each move is 3 sets with 10 reps
-If you are new to exercise start with 5 reps
-Make sure your can easily carry on a conversation during your workout (if you get breathless or feel any pain or discomfort STOP immediately
1. Start with your feet shoulder width apart (or wider if necessary), toes pointing forward- Use a chair behind you for stability or widen your stance to help your balance
2. Shift your weight back to your heels, keeping your thighs parallel to the ground and making sure your knees do not go past your toes
3. Drive up through your heels, squeeze your glutes at the top and return to your original standing position
Bicep Curls (Standing or seated, depending on comfort level)
1. Start with palms forward, arms extended down
2. Bring weight up to shoulders, flexing bicep as you bring up the weight
3. Slowly lower the weight, be sure to inhale on the way up and exhale on the way down
Lunges (Use your bodyweight, and you can do these stationary or walking, depending on balance and flexibility)
Danielle also recommends during your 3rd trimester to be doing kegel exercises daily, 5-10 second holds.
If you would like work one on one with Danielle feel free to send her an email: Danielle.email@example.com
**Disclaimer: Please discuss with your doctor before beginning any fitness routine. Listen to your body and stop if you feel any discomfort. All information provided by Brittany Brooke Photography & Danielle K. is of a general nature and is furnished only for educational/entertainment purposes only. No information is to be taken as medical or other health advice pertaining to any individual specific health or medical condition. You agree that use of this information is at your own risk and hold Brittany Brooke Photography & Danielle K. harmless from any and all losses, liabilities, injuries or damages resulting from any and all claims.**